Friday, April 16, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


If you know me at all you know that I usually only finish books that I LOVE! I read "The Hunger Games" in a few hours one night. I was so absorbed into the lives of the characters that I had to keep reading more.

The next day I read the sequel, "Catching Fire" which was also awesome. They are really easy to read, have great characters, and a thrilling plot! I can't wait for the last book of the trilogy to come out!

Other books I have been reading lately that I recommend:


The Maze Runner by James Dashner(A very good book. The author is LDS and the book is very clean and well written.)


I also LOVE anything by Orson Scott Card. If you want one that isn't in a series, read "Enchantment." It is really great.

Happy reading everyone!!!

5 comments:

Devri said...

Our friend also recommended this series. We just started an informal book club with our neighbors who live right above us, and this is going to be the first book we read, thanks to your recommendations.

Devri said...

The Hunger Games, that is, I realize you posted about a few others.

Damien and Ashley said...

I love love love the Hunger Games-can't wait to read the 3rd one! Also, after seeing the Maze Runner on here, I thought I would give it a shot....it was great! Thanks for the recommendation!

Devri said...

Loved the Hunger Games! We're going to start reading the next two as soon as my mother-in-law finishes them!

Chelsea said...

The second book in the Maze Runner trilogy is coming out on October 12. I am pretty excited.