Sunday, January 24, 2010

Get a Financial Life

Back in 2005, I took a family finance class, and one of the required books for the class was Beth Kobliner's book Get a Financial Life. I enjoyed it, but since it was required reading, (and I was still living the good life as a dependent on my parents) I didn't quite appreciate its value. 5 years later, I picked it up again, this time as a wife, mother, and homemaker. I must say this book is fantastic for explaining financial items. It's written in plain English, not like a textbook. It is very easy to read and understand. I have been reading the 2000 edition, but I think she published a new edition last year (This is the one pictured on the left, I think.) She teaches how to reduce debt, save, and even invest. She also talks about the different insurances out there as well. I highly recommend it.

No comments: